Thank you for your interest in volunteering with EdConnect Australia and for taking the first steps in what will be a rewarding and invaluable volunteering experience. We recruit, train and support skilled volunteers to provide life-changing support to students in local schools. Our thorough application process is to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the students.
- Must be available during school hours – one hour minimum per week during school terms
- Must be aged 18 years or older
- Australian citizen or resident or VISA that entitles you to live & work in Australia
- Fluent English language skills – written and verbal
- Must be willing to obtain a Working With Children Check and NCCHC (WA Only)
*We do not offer short-term, community service or one-off volunteering opportunities – ongoing support to students is our priority. Our students need a consistent adult in their lives to provide on-going support. It takes time to build a relationship and by committing to a long-term role, you and the student will benefit greatly.
Steps to Apply
1. CHOOSE A SCHOOL & VOLUNTEERING ROLE
VOLUNTEER ROLES: MENTORING & LEARNING SUPPORT
On your application form, you will be asked to choose your preference for one or both roles which will guide us in tailoring your volunteer training. Please read the descriptions below or click on the volunteer job description to find out more.
- Work face-to-face with the same student
- Provide weekly mentoring sessions
- Support academics through activities
- Teach social skills and provide emotional support
- Be a friend and confidant
- Make a life-long impact for one student
Learning Support Volunteer
- Help students within the classroom environment
- Provide classroom support to teachers
- Work with students in small groups
- Assist in the school library, canteen, breakfast club or bike clubs
- Help with school fundraising, sports carnivals and other events
- Assist staff with minor school improvements
2. FILL OUT ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
You will be asked to provide the contact details for two referees. After submitting your application, EdConnect will contact both referees and ask them to complete a character reference. Then an EdConnect Liaison Officer will contact you within two weeks to arrange an interview. Click APPLY NOW.
3. INTERVIEW WITH EDCONNECT LIAISON OFFICER
A face-to-face interview will be arranged with your Liaison Officer to discuss your experiences, preferences and school placement. We’ll do our best to match you with a student and school that best fits your requests. Our Liaison Officers will guide you through the entire process.
4. VOLUNTEER TRAINING SESSION
Once your paperwork is in the final stages you will complete an EdConnect training session prior to starting in a school. This session may be delivered face to face or can be completed online. You will learn best practice techniques for supporting students as well as gain an understanding of your rights, responsibilities and obligations as a volunteer. During your volunteering experience, we are always here to help if you have any concerns or questions.