THANK YOU for your interest in volunteering with EdConnect Australia & taking the first steps in what will be a REWARDING and INVALUABLE volunteering experience. We recruit, train and support volunteers to work with vulnerable and at-risk students in school. As such, please be assured that our application process is thorough to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the students.
- Must be available during school hours – one hour minimum per week for the school term
- Must be aged 18 years or older
- Australian citizen or resident or VISA that entitles you to live & work in Australia
- Fluent English language skills – written and verbal
- Must be willing to obtain a Working With Children Check and NCCHC (WA Only)
*We do not offer short-term, community service or one-off volunteering opportunities – ongoing support to students is our priority. Our students need a consistent adult in their lives to provide on-going support. It takes time to build a relationship and by committing to a long-term role, you and the student will benefit greatly.
Steps to Apply
CHOOSE A SCHOOL & VOLUNTEERING ROLE
- Check our Member Schools List to see which schools are participating in your local area. If we aren’t in a school near you, contact us to see how schools can sign-up to receive volunteers.
VOLUNTEER ROLES: MENTORING & LEARNING SUPPORT
- On your application form, you will be asked to choose your preference for one or both roles which will guide us in tailoring your volunteer training. Please read the descriptions below.
-Work face-to-face with the same student
-Provide weekly mentoring sessions
-Support academics through activities
-Teach social skills and provide emotional support
-Be a friend and confidant
-Make a life-long impact for one student
Learning Support Volunteer
-Help students within the classroom environment
-Provide classroom support to teachers
-Work with students in small groups
-Assist in the school library, canteen, breakfast club or bike clubs
-Help with school fundraising, sports carnivals and other events
-Assist staff with minor school improvements
FILL OUT ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
You will be asked to provide 2 references for character checks. Once you have submitted the application form, you will hear from an EdConnect Liaison Officer within 3 weeks to set up a face-to-face interview before your school placement. Click APPLY NOW.
INTERVIEW WITH EDCONNECT LIAISON OFFICER
A face-to-face interview will be arranged with your Liaison Officer to discuss your experiences, preferences and school placement. We’ll do our best to match you with a students and school that best fits your requests. Our Liaison Officers will guide you through the entire process.