At EdConnect Australia we change lives.
Our team at EdConnect is passionate about improving the lives of children and volunteers through the services we provide. We are a small, not-for-profit company based in WA and working with a team in New South Wales and Victoria.
We train and organise a nation-wide group of volunteers to provide life-changing mentoring and learning support in schools for young students who are disadvantaged or at risk of not fulfilling their educational potential. We harness the wisdom and skills of older generations to enrich the learning experience of young people who are at risk of falling by the wayside in an over-burdened school system.
Shortlisting in progress – NO MORE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED
Part time Administration Officer
- Part time role – 15 hrs per week ; Hourly rate $30.49
- Weekdays – 15 hours spread across 3 days (Monday – Thurs)
- Work with an exciting and innovative National Charity
- Office based in Maylands, WA
Seeking a friendly, efficient and computer literate individual to join our dedicated team, providing administration support for the East coast based team. Key tasks include support for the recruitment, screening and training of East coast volunteers and general administration assistance for the whole of organisation.
At EdConnect Australia we connect volunteers with young people in school who need additional support, inspiring the older generations to inspire the next. Our team at EdConnect has been training and connecting volunteers with local schools across Australia for over 20 years. Our services are designed to improve student’s literacy, life skills, self-esteem and self-confidence which contribute to improving learning outcomes and improved student achievements. This is coupled with improvements to volunteer health and wellbeing benefits.
To be successful in this role you are a team player with the following attributes:
- Sound knowledge of general office procedures
- Customer focused, with can do attitude
- High level communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Honest, confident and reliable
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, customer databases package (CRM)
- A friendly, professional, flexible manner and a willingness to learn
- Availability to work extra hours as needed
This is a fixed term contract through to June 2021, with possible extension
To find out more about EdConnect Australia visit our website www.edconnectaustralia.org.au or visit us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/EdConnectAustralia
Interviews scheduled for 14/7/2020 TBC
DETAILS FOR APPLYING
Key Accountabilities / Duties
1. Work collaboratively with East Coast staff and other EdConnect team members to provide administrative support for volunteer recruitment, screening, training and placement processes including updating and accurately recording of information.
2. Conduct reference checks for new volunteers as directed by East Coast LO’s.
3. Assist in administration of EdConnect’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system which includes all data relating to volunteers, schools, funders and other stakeholders.
4. Maintain accurate records on the EdConnect CRM including providing training and support to East Coast staff on how to record accurate and consistent information across the system.
5. Data entry, information management, reporting and maintenance of database systems.
6. Process Working with Children Card advice from the Working with Children Screening Unit and contribute to legislative compliance by entering WWCC details onto the CRM and managing the monthly renewal process, including reporting on out of date WWCC cards to the appropriate Liaison Officer.
7. Assist with the organization of training workshops for volunteers and staff meetings including the purchase of necessary supplies.
8. Respond to potential volunteers, by providing initial information about EdConnect including sending volunteer application packs; process new volunteer applications and distribute to the appropriate Liaison Officer. Maintain records and tracking of applications.
9. Promptly respond to new school enquiries by providing general advice about EdConnect and its value to potential schools, then refer to appropriate Liaison Officer to follow up.
10. Liaise with customers, suppliers and stakeholders in a friendly and professional manner
11. Develop and maintain systems to manage training bookings, venue bookings and team calendar management.
12. Provide general administration support to EdConnect team members as required.
13. Reception duties, including greeting volunteers and visitors, answering and transferring phone calls and taking messages.
14. Report any health and safety issues that cannot be promptly rectified to management.
15. Promote the Vision and Mission of EdConnect.
16. Implement and adhere to all policy and procedural requirements of the organisation.
17. Undertake other duties as assigned.
· Relevant work experience including experience in reception/telephone duties
· High level of verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Strong customer service skills
· Experience in general office procedures
· Strong organisational skills, able to prioritise, manage multiple demands and met deadlines
· Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, visual) and an ability to work in a collaborative manner
· Demonstrated problem solving and organisational skills
· Demonstrated ability to use client database management systems (CRM Dynamics)
· Professional, energetic, optimistic, with a “can do” attitude
· Flexible approach, with the ability to work within a small team
· Ability to build strong relationships and networks with various stakeholders
· Excellent IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft office suite
· Current National Police Check
· Relevant administration qualifications
· Experience of providing administration support to offsite staff working from home.
· An understanding of the education and volunteer sectors
· Valid Driver’s license
TO APPLY WITH EDCONNECT
- Click the APPLY NOW button &
- Fill out the New Applicant – Application Form + Covering Letter + Resume – introducing yourself and your interest in the role and briefly addressing the selection criteria (2 page maximum).
Email your documents to email@example.com with attention to Gerri Clay, CEO
Include in the email
- New Applicant – Application Form (download here – EdConnect-Job-Application-Form)
- Covering Letter with Selection Criteria