At EdConnect Australia we change lives.
Our team at EdConnect are passionate about improving the lives of children and volunteers through the services we provide. We are a small, not-for-profit company based in WA and working with a team in New South Wales and Victoria.
We train and organise a nation-wide group of volunteers to provide life-changing mentoring and learning support in schools for young students who are disadvantaged or at risk of not fulfilling their educational potential. We harness the wisdom and skills of older generations to enrich the learning experience of young people who are at risk of falling by the wayside in an over-burdened school system.
****POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED****
Community Program Manager
- Small NFP organisation allowing you to create and deliver.
- Manage and lead a team that makes a difference in the community by helping young people to succeed
- 0.5 FTE, Maylands based workplace
We are seeking a creative, organised and engaging individual with proven leadership and people skills to join our team in the capacity of Community Program Manager overseeing the program delivery in the Perth metropolitan region and wider operational systems and standards.
This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in a national not-for-profit organisation that recruits and trains volunteers to provide life changing mentoring and learning support in schools.
Working in a small, dynamic national not-for-profit organisation reporting to the CEO, a highly motivated and responsible attitude coupled with strong people management, community engagement, organisational and operational system skills and an interest in supporting organisational growth, are essential.
Skills & Experience that will enable you to succeed in the role
- Proven successful management experience in, and knowledge of, the not-for-profit environment including experience in developing and implementing community programs
- Leadership and people management skills and an ability to support staff and volunteers in multiple locations
- Experience in operations and change management, planning and training
- A great organiser who knows how to meet deadlines and operate within a budget
- Excellent communication and IT skills (written, verbal, visual) and an ability to work in a truly collaborative manner.
- Professional, energetic, optimistic, with a “can do” attitude
- Strong customer service experience and known for building effective stakeholder engagement
You will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Managing the day to day operational activities of the program in Perth metropolitan area
- Leading, motivating and supporting a small team to recruit and train volunteers and increase engagement with schools and local communities.
- Coordination of systems supporting the on boarding of volunteers.
- Establishing and maintaining volunteer training and development of training resources to meet industry standards
- Streamlining of processes and maximising system efficiencies to achieve service improvements
- Actively source and apply for funding opportunities to support operations in local communities, and building stakeholder relationships
- Contributing to policy formation, planning recommendations and continuous process improvement initiatives.
Applications close: 9am Monday 22/7/2019
Please find the full position description here before applying.
TO APPLY WITH EDCONNECT
- Fill out the New Applicant – Application Form
- Submit your Covering Letter and Resume – introducing yourself and your interest in the role and briefly addressing the selection criteria (2 page maximum)
Email your documents to email@example.com with attention to Gerri Clay, CEO
Include in the email
- New Applicant – Application Form (download here – EdConnect-Job-Application-Form)
- Covering Letter