Financial Literacy Workshops
EdConnect Australia has partnered with Morgan Stanley Wealth Management to offer a series of workshops for students for FREE.
Jenny Rachmat is a Financial Planner with Morgan Stanley and a volunteer with EdConnect. Jenny is passionate about preparing young people for a financially secure future and so she created YOLA – Young Once, Learning Always.
About the workshops
- The workshops are aimed at high school students to help break the cycle of disadvantage by improving their financial literacy and confidence to make positive financial decisions now and in the future.
- In the workshops we talk about what money means and how it makes us feel. Students will learn simple concepts of budgeting and how to spend save and give.
- We explore relevant tax issues and how debt is a burden they should carefully ponder before a purchase. Ideas about responsible spending, as opposed to “buy now, pay later” conveniences are also discussed with a youth-friendly approach.
- A fantastic panel of Guest Speakers are also on board for the final session to share their life experience and tips for navigating life after school and building resilience.
- 3 x Workshops (approx. 1 hour) and 1 x Guest Speaker Panel (approx. 1 hour).
- Timeframe – All 4 sessions can be delivered within one school term.
- Suitable for Year 10 WPL or other class, approx. 20 students.
- The content will be delivered by Morgan Stanley staff who are registered as EdConnect volunteers.
- Budgeting, Compunding – Benefits of early savings.
- Credit cards, Debt and Afterpay –– What you need to know.
- Tax, Superannuation – Tips for your first job.
- Guest Speaker Panel – Professionals share their stories of resilience.