NSW – 13 October 2022
The New South Wales Department of Education has confirmed that COVID-19 vaccination requirements have now ended for volunteers.
VIC – 22 June 2022
The Victorian Department of Education has confirmed that COVID-19 vaccination requirements will end for volunteers effective midnight Friday 24 June 2022. Vaccination requirements for NSW volunteers remain unchanged at this stage.
WA – 10 June 2022
The WA Department of Education has confirmed that COVID-19 vaccination requirements will end for volunteers effective 10 June 2022. This applies to WA volunteers only. Vaccination requirements for VIC and NSW volunteers remain unchanged.
NSW – June 2022
Remains unchanged that workers and volunteers, including parents and carers, are still required to meet mandatory double vaccination requirements.
VIC – Commencement of Term 1, 2022
New Victorian Government Department of Education guidelines now requires all volunteers working within schools to:
- have received their booster by 25 February 2022 for those who became fully vaccination on or before 25 October 2021 or
- receive their booster by 15 March 2022 for those who became fully vaccinated after 25 October 2021 or
- have a valid medical exemption.
WA – Commencement of Term 1, 2022
The Western Australian Premier has announced WA’S Safe Return to School Plan which includes guidelines for the commencement of Term 1, 2022 and we would like to advise volunteers when attending schools in their roles that:
- Volunteers are required to have at least two doses of the vaccine and receive a third dose within one month of becoming eligible or have a valid medical exemption.
- Schools will be required to collect or sight your vaccination evidence.
- On every visit volunteers are required to QR code in or sign the register.
- Volunteers will be required to wear a mask in line with the mask mandate currently in place for Perth, Peel and the South West.
- Practice physical distancing where possible, ensure cough etiquette and practice good hand hygiene
Increased ventilation has been put into place in every classroom along with enhanced cleaning measures. Schools also have supplies of hand sanitiser and masks.
COVID-19 vaccination requirement for Volunteers
To reduce the spread and impact of COVID-19 amongst the community, EdConnect Australia supports and encourages volunteers to have their COVID- 19 vaccinations. All EdConnect staff members are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
In each state, EdConnect has followed the Chief Health Officer’s (CHO) directions, together with State Government requirements and partner school policies.
All EdConnect volunteers must be fully vaccinated (double dose) against COVID-19 from 31 January 2022, or have a medical exemption from being double dose vaccinated.
Mandatory double vaccination has been in place in Victoria and New South Wales since October 2021 for those working in schools, which extends to volunteers. This is now a requirement in WA from 31 January 2022.